United Way of Ponca City grants available for non-profit organizations
We are please to announce that grant funds are available to non-profit organizations through the United Way of Ponca City Manering Endowment, designated gifts program. The Endowment welcomes proposals from any non-profit organization in Ponca City with an IRS tax-exempt status and a policy of non-discrimination. The Endowment will consider funding for special projects and innovative programs focusing on Education, Financial Stability and Health and Safety. These three focus areas are critical to improving lives in our community, they are the building blocks for a better life. An endowment committee made up of UW board members and community volunteers manage the funds. Anyone can designate a gift to this endowment fund to help support our local non-profit organizations.
The chances of a proposal being funded are substantially increased if the project meets one of the following criterions:
- Proposes practical solutions to community problems.
- Promotes volunteer participation and/or citizen involvement in the community.
- Could not be accomplished with other sources of support.
- Is responsive to changing or emerging community needs.
- Exhibits likelihood of future funding, unless a one time capital need.
- Promotes cooperation among non-profit agencies without duplicating efforts.
- Addresses prevention as well as assistance for a problem
Applications will be available Monday, February 12th at the United Way office, 205 N. 2nd Street and on our website, www.unitedwayponcacity.org. For more information, call 580-765-2476.